GMO (GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISM)
Genetically modifying organisms or GMO involve the use of harsh chemicals. This is yet another unnatural process that over taxes the physiology of our bodies—as well as that of Earth. On top of this, little to none nutritive value left in the food. The process of GMO is yet another source of toxic waste to have to recover from.
Toward the bottom of this page, there is a list of some of the most prevalent foods that are presently genetically modified.
I encourage every one to research all sides of the controversial issue around GMO Genetically Modified Organisms. Be sure to sift through to the facts. Be careful of the many untruths told, especially by Big Business who seems to gain something by being greedy, and overly so… The primary motivator for genetically modified food products as well as for genetically modified crops must be greed. What other explanation could there be for participating in the business of creating genetically altered foods? I feel bewildered! Don’t these people have bodies and families of their own to consider?
Food is already perfect the way Nature created it in the first place. GM food products are far from perfect. Well, they could be considered a perfect ‘storm’!
Many countries have banned the practice of the engineering food and crops all together. These, our parent countries, have matured holistically by now. Sometimes, I view U.S. of A., in comparison, as children. As a culture, on a large scale, the U.S. of A. seem to be in the early growth stages of development. Greed is motivation to do stupid things. Like a 5 year old who has not learned to be kind and polite, taking things from younger siblings to assert dominance. Sometimes I see corporate take overs like this. They bully their way in to dominant those of us who simply want to peacefully live our lives and naturally so.
The U.S. of A. culture must grow up now to ask the big questions, “What are GMOs exactly? and How do they affect us?, What are genetically modified foods?, Which foods are genetically modified?, What are GM Products? And they must also ask, What are genetically modified crops?” Then, maybe compare the answers to the simplistic ways of Nature.
About Genetically Modified Foods
Genetically altered food, by my view, has to be the biggest ‘ditz’ to Nature.
In lieu of being grateful for amazing Earth—instead of saying, “Thank you for this Food, these gifts, most kind and giving Nature. Thank you for this wonderful Nutrient rich, ‘Nature approved and offered’ Food that comes to land upon our plate…”—Instead, this is what is being said, “You do not work well for us, Nature… Our human mind is far more intelligent than you… We make everything superior than what you offer. Nature, thank you for nothing… Creator, C’mon now! What else you got? Ey?”
Just like that five year old who really thinks he needs to get his way. Through his ignorant innocence there is no appreciation here. He really thinks he needs to be in control and he demands to be…
Us giving in to those pushing for genetic engineering to have a place at our dinner table seems somewhat equivalent to that of having a five year old demanding control over arsenals and receiving it.
Who are these aliens who think they can improve Nature? and better than Creator has? Oh God help us, every one.
Commercialized seed corporations support genetic modifications because this allows them to control all sales of seed throughout the country.
I do so hope I am wrong about this, since ignorance seems to be winning this game in the U.S. of A., those of us who are knowledgeable on the subject of genetic modification, even a little bit, must work a little harder to educate the public to help turn this craziness around.
I heard this story that is presently taking place—just on the other side of the globe from us—250,000 farmers from India have committed suicide within just the last few years. These men, so many men, killed themselves when they lost their farms, due to the promise of G.M.O. being the better, less expensive, more futuristic way of farming. There was no turning back for them when all of their fields faltered and became waste land after beginning the G.M.O. project.
JUST SAY “NO” TO G.M.O.!
This is a fun video that features a song called ‘Just Say “No” To G.M.O.!’ written and performed by Mike ‘The Health Ranger’ Adams of NaturalNews.com.
This song and lyrics may be just fun enough to help get the word about G.M.O. out there…
This song exposes the lies of the GMO biotech industry, specifically mentioning Monsanto and genetically modified corn. It also features rap lines from Jeffrey Smith of the Institute for Responsible Technology, author of Seeds of Deception.
LYRICS FOR ‘JUST SAY “NO” TO G.M.O.!’
I’m lookin at the food that’s in the grocery store –
They say it’s safe, everybody eat more.
On second thought, I don’t really know – if it’s made with those GMOs
So I’m lookin for the non-GMO label ‘fore I bring it home and put it on my table
I wanna know it’s verified so I don’t harm myself with genetically modified
Uh-Oh They don’t want you to know – All the poison they grow
The corporate profits they show – from those GMO OH
Those Frankenseeds that they sow – They’re gonna hurt us we know
It’s time we told ’em to go, say GMO NO!
I don’t want eat poison, I don’t want gene mutations at my dinner reservations
It’s a food abomination what they doin’ to this fast food nation
They take artificial gene combinations inject them in seed variations
so they can grow their Frankenfood imitations while the side effects cause medical patients
Keep their profits alive while they spraying all the food with name brand herbicides
And all the while they’re spreadin’ their lies Monsanto destroyin’ farmers lives
And the FDA keeps it all going saying it’s safe even though they all know it’s just
Poison stealing away your life, and that’s what you eat with genetically modified.
GMO safety huh that’s a corporate myth – if you don’t believe me listen to Jeffery Smith.
He’s the man with plan gonna do what he can – To help us all get those GMOs banned.
But we need you to lend a hand – take a stand against this food scam.
It’s a mission for the health condition worldwide – We don’t wanna live genetically modified!
HOWARD GARRETT – THE DIRT DOCTOR
I have deep appreciation for Howard Garrett, The Dirt Doctor and his work. We subscribe to his newsletter. He recently sent this wonderful simple information highlighting some G.M.O. food sources:
Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
With genetically modified foods (GMOs) becoming a hotter issue, I’m getting more and more questions about the subject and not just about eating GMO foods. People are also concerned about these dangerous genes being in the fertilizers and soil amendments we use and recommend.
Here are the top 10 worst GMO foods for your “do not eat” list. But as you can see, several of the worse choices are also in our gardening products.
10 of the Worst GMO Foods:
1. Corn: Several food documentaries cover how corn is highly modified and much of it is intended for human consumption. Monsanto’s GMO corn has been tied to numerous health issues, including weight gain and organ disruption.
2. Soy: Tofu, vegetarian products, soybean oil, soy flour, and numerous other products are genetically modified to resist herbicides. About 90 percent of all soy is genetically engineered to resist Monsanto’s herbicide Roundup. The use of this dangerous herbicide is greatly increasing as a result.
3. Sugar: Genetically modified sugar beets have been altered by Monsanto to resist herbicides. Sugar beets are a common sugar source in the US and other countries.
4. Aspartame: This is a toxic additive used in numerous food products and should be avoided for several reasons such as it’s being made with genetically modified bacteria.
5. Papaya: GMO papayas have been grown in Hawaii since 1999. Though they can’t be sold to countries in the European Union, they are accepted in the U.S. and Canada.
6. Canola: This is one of the most chemically altered foods in the U.S. diet. Canola oil comes from rapeseed through a series of chemical actions. Even the “organic” version of this product is bad fat compared to olive oil, coconut oil and butter. The so called “health” grocery stores like Whole Foods, Central Market and Natural Grocers should stop using and selling this product.
7. Cotton: Cottonseed oil, especially that originating in India and China, has serious risks. This unhealthy oil is found in many fast food products such as potato chips
8. Dairy: Dairy products have several issues. Many contain growth hormones such as Monsanto’s health-hazardous rBGH. It has been banned in 27 countries, but is still in most US cows. Some of the “organic products” are even contaminated. For your health, demand raw milk and cheese.
9. Squash: Squash, zucchini and other related crops have been modified to artificially resist viruses and other diseases.
10. Wheat: This grain has been altered and made less healthy in a dramatic fashion over the years. The GMO addition is the latest assault.
Some of the dangers of some of these foods are well-known – for example, Bt toxin in GMO corn has been detected in the blood of pregnant women and their babies. But perhaps more important are the risks that are still unknown. There’s no way to be certain what risks these lab-created foods have hidden and are waiting for us.
The best advice is to steer clear of them altogether – but that is almost impossible.
If they are in the soil, how can we neutralize them? For now, all I can suggest is continuing the natural organic program and doing everything you can to stimulate life – the biological activity in the soil. Healthy microbe activity helps with various other contamination in the soil, such as pesticides, salt fertilizers, heavy metals etc., so hopefully they will take care of the GMO contamination as well.
If you have any questions on this newsletter or any other topic, tune in Sunday 8 am -11 am (CST) to the Dirt Doctor Radio Show. Listen on the internet or find a station in your area. The phone number for the show is 1-866-444-3478. Please share this newsletter with everyone in your address book and all of your friends on Facebook and Twitter to help me spread the word on organics.